Being an INFJ personality type often feels like being a living contradiction. As introverts, we’re independent and we value our alone time, yet we care intensely about humanity and we want to connect deeply with others. Although we’re strongly opinionated, we keep our thoughts and feelings private, sharing them only with a few people we trust (if anyone, at all!). Likewise, we’re often quiet in large groups, but when you hang out with us one-on-one, our warmth and compassion quickly bubble to the surface. Oddly, we’re somehow both highly emotional and analytical.
Enter #INFJproblems on Twitter. It’s a hashtag about the daily struggles of the INFJ personality type that sort of resembles group therapy—because when you’re an INFJ, you know the struggle is real. (Want to know your personality type? We recommend this free, quick test from our partner Personality Hacker.)
Tweet your #INFJproblems to @IntrovertDear. We’ll retweet our favorites.
1. Our mind doesn’t have an “off” switch.
2. We’re always thinking, reflecting, and analyzing. We practically live inside our heads.
3. “Be more spontaneous,” they said…
4. So much for sleeping.
5. Expressing our complicated thoughts can be difficult.
6. Because there’s a lot to think about.
7. We don’t swim in shallow waters.
8. Sometimes there are no words.
9. “Living in the moment” isn’t a thing we’ve mastered yet.
10. You’ll probably never see just how much we feel.
11. Somehow we’re both loners and social chameleons.
12. You’ll only know our true thoughts and feelings if we trust you.
13. We have a strong need for meaningful work and authenticity.
14. Our values and causes are everything to us.
15. Our type is called the Counselor for a reason.
16. Oddly, we really do absorb other people’s emotions.
17. Unfortunately, we sometimes find ourselves in one-sided relationships.
18. Because we naturally put other people’s needs before our own.
19. We see fake people.
20. Our superpower is understanding what makes others tick.
21. Sometimes we have trust issues.
22. Our intuition is a scarily accurate sixth sense.
23. High standards? Yeah, we got ’em.
24. Obsessed? Maybe. Perfectionistic? Definitely.
25. As introverts, we need plenty of alone time to feel at our best.
26. Yet ironically, we’re often mistaken for extroverts.
27. We like people. A lot. Seriously.
Image credit: Deviant Art
What’s your personality type? We recommend this free, quick test from our partner Personality Hacker.
Read this: An open letter to INFJs