Although the INFJ is the rarest of the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types, INFJs pack a powerful punch. We’re idealists who care deeply about humanity and making the world a better place. Some of the most effective world-changers, like Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, and Gandhi, are thought to have been INFJs.
Without a doubt, INFJs are always fighting for something. You may be an INFJ who is fighting for a cause you care deeply about, such as women’s empowerment or abandoned animals. Or you may simply be fighting to make your life and the lives of the people around you a little bit better. Whatever you’re fighting for, the battle is rarely easy, and sometimes you wonder if you’re the only one out there trying to do right. So here are 19 INFJ quotes to inspire you to keep going. Keep changing the world, INFJ:
1. “See the good in people and help them.” —Gandhi
2. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” —Abraham Lincoln
3. “A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow.” —Richard Bach, One
What’s your personality type? Knowing your type can help you leverage your natural strengths. Take the free test from our partner Personality Hacker.
4. “If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” —Mother Teresa
6. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” —Margaret Mead
8. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” —William James
9. “You change the world by being yourself.” —Yoko Ono
10. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” —Robin Williams
11. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.” —Seth Godin
12. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” —Nelson Mandela
13. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” —Gandhi
14. “The time is always right to do the right thing.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
15. “I do the very best I know how — the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” —Abraham Lincoln
16. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” —Nelson Mandela
17. “You really can change the world if you care enough.” —Marian Wright Edelman
18. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” —Gandhi
19. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for our newsletters to get more stories like this.
Read this: 10 Type Secrets of the INFJ Personality Type