He says, “I wanted to encourage other INFJs, particularly younger ones, who may feel out of place like I have all my life. I remember how tough it was growing up. Still is.” For those who are not INFJs, he hopes his cartoons will help them gain some insight into this misunderstood personality type.
Introverts who are not INFJs will likely be able to relate to many of Aaron’s cartoons as well.
What’s your personality type? We recommend this free personality test from our partner Personality Hacker.
Aaron was born and raised in California but has lived with his INFP wife on the East Coast for almost three decades. He is employed as a graphic designer but says he’s a painter and poet by heart.
To INFJs, he says, “Be true to yourselves, be good to yourselves. You’re wired a particular way, fashioned according to a particular design, so use it to do good, to do that which only you can do.”
His cartoons show how life can be both wonderful and painful when you’re an introvert and INFJ. Here are 24 of them:
1. You love people, but being around them for too long drains you.
2. You define “fun” differently.
3. Many people don’t understand your need for alone time.
4. Some days, you just wish everyone would leave you alone.
5. People tell you to “come out of your shell,” but that doesn’t change who you are.
6. Spending time alone is far from boring—it’s how you relax and recharge.
7. If you could actually get one of these, maybe people would understand.
8. Crowds aren’t your thing.
9. Small talk with strangers? You’ll avoid it if you can!
10. A little peace and quiet is all you want.
11. This makes total sense to you.
12. You read others well and intuitively understand the things that go unspoken.
13. Underneath your calm exterior is a rich, emotional world.
14. You’re always thinking. Always.
15. Sometimes you torture yourself by using your vivid imagination to replay your mistakes.
16. Talking about yourself—especially with people you don’t know well—is uncomfortable.
17. You don’t let just anybody into your life.
18. You’re still trying to find your place in the world.
19. Even you don’t understand yourself sometimes.
20. Let’s just say it’s “complicated” being an INFJ.
21. If you’re highly sensitive, you feel emotional pain deeply.
22. You live to connect intimately with others.
23. Because you’re interested in almost everyone you meet.
24. Your relationship goal: sharing solitude and your rich inner world with someone else.
Read this: An open letter to INFJs
Intuitives see the world differently. They aren’t interested in the mundane or day-to-day. They ask, “What if?” They want to create, heal, inspire, or invent. They want to change the world. Only one in four people are intuitive. Are you one of them? Learn more about our partner Personality Hacker’s course just for intuitives.