Group projects. Too many weekend plans. Sensory overload when you forget your headphones. If you’re an introvert, you know the struggle is real. The things that excite and energize extroverts can be downright draining for us introverts, making us feel tired, irritable, and even physically unwell. Plus, there’s that whole “extrovert ideal.” You know, the fact that we live in a society that tends to favor extroverts. Basically, we’re surrounded by the pressure to socialize, chat, and extrovert almost all the time. You can see why the Twitter hashtag #introvertproblems was born.
Here are 19 of my favorite tweets that I think perfectly sum up the struggles of introverts. If you want to get in on the fun… err… misery, tweet your #introvertproblems to @IntrovertDear, and I’ll retweet my favorites.
1. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
2. I have a lot of these days.
3. It’s just easier that way.
4. Serious. People. Avoidance.
What’s your personality type? Knowing your type can help you leverage your natural strengths. Take the free test from our partner Personality Hacker.
5. It’s just so much easier to work by yourself.
6. So much noise. So many people.
7. Because you’ll do practically anything to get a few moments of silence.
8. Introvert lunch break.
9. Sounds like heaven.
10. Tacos > parties, anyway.
11. I’m not unfriendly, I just haven’t figured out how to interact with you yet.
12. When you’re just listening and don’t really have anything to say.
13. When you want a few minutes to yourself, and you can’t even get that.
14. Home, the introvert’s refuge.
15. Who needs drinking when you have sweatpants.
16. And sometimes even shopping is too much.
17. Finding people who don’t drain you is really hard.
18. It’s going to be a long week.
19. The struggle is real.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for our newsletters to get more stories like this.
Read this: 21 Undeniable Signs That You’re an Introvert