1. When someone flirts with you, and you just freeze.
You really want to engage in some flirtatious banter, but your mind locks up and you have no idea what to say.
2. When you want an extrovert to stop talking to you, but you don’t know how to politely end the conversation.
Damn your active listening skills.
3. When people try to make small talk with you, and you just can’t even.
4. When people interrupt your alone time, and you literally have no words.
Don’t they know how you recharge?
5. Talking to another introvert can be total bliss, or complete awkwardness.
How do you fill those long awkward silences?
6. When you meet an online friend for the first time in real life.
You were funnier in your Facebook comments.
7. When you try to fill an awkward silence, and you end up over-sharing.
You probably didn’t have to tell your new co-worker how long your latest Netflix binge lasted.
8. When people interrupt your inner monologue, and you have to ask “What?” and make them repeat themselves.
They were obviously speaking loudly and clearly enough, but you just weren’t ready for external input.
9. When you see someone attractive, but you have no idea what to do, so you just stare and try to send a telepathic message.
But the person doesn’t get your message, so your soul mate walks out of the door and out of your life forever.
10. Group conversations.
When you finally speak up, someone interrupts you.
11. When you haven’t had alone time in days, and your head is so foggy you can’t even string words into sentences.
Words are hard.
12. When you have to stop going to your regular gym or coffee shop, because people are starting to recognize you.
How can you be alone in public if they constantly make small talk with you?
What are you even supposed to say while crammed into that tiny box for 30 seconds?
14. When friends invite you out, and you run out of excuses not to go.
You can only be sick so many times.
15. But mostly…
You’re an engaging, interesting person, if you’re only given the right setting!
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for our newsletters to get more stories like this.
Read this: 21 Undeniable Signs That You’re an Introvert