INFPs are healers and dreamers. They see the world for what it could be, and they inspire others with their imagination and compassion. However, it’s not easy being an INFP personality type. As an INFP, you may feel like the world doesn’t understand or appreciate your individuality. You may feel like you have to pretend to be someone you’re not. Because you hide your feelings, passions, and strong values beneath a calm exterior, you may struggle to make your voice heard. In spite of this, INFPs have a bright inner light that helps them overcome life’s challenges.
What’s your personality type? Knowing your type can help you leverage your natural strengths. Take the free test from our partner Personality Hacker.
Here are 20 quotes that INFPs will relate to:
1. “The best you’ll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.” – Janet Fitch
2. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
4. “The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
5. “I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
6. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them—that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
7. “I sometimes fall into the trap of doing what I think I should be doing rather than what I want to be doing.” – Bjork
8. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – A. A. Milne
9. “To all the other dreamers out there, don’t ever stop or let the world’s negativity disenchant you or your spirit. If you surround yourself with love and the right people, anything is possible.” – Adam Green
10. “But sometimes your light attracts moths and your warmth attracts parasites. Protect your space and energy.” – Warsan Shire
11. “My heart and my passions are the most beautiful things about me.” – Anonymous
12. “Deep in my heart I know I am a loner. I have tried to blend in with the world and be sociable, but the more people I meet the more disappointed I am. So, I’ve learned to enjoy myself.” – Steven Aitchison
13. “Sometimes, in order to follow our moral compass and/or our hearts, we have to make unpopular decisions or stand up for what we believe in.” – Tabatha Coffey
14. “People understand me so poorly that they don’t even understand my complaint about them not understanding me.” – Soren Kierkegaard
15. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
16. “Your qualifications, your CV, are not your life. Life is difficult, and complicated, and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.” – J.K. Rowling
17. “You can’t save people, you can only love them.” – Anais Nin
18. “Once you label me you negate me.” – Soren Kierkegaard
19. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you.” – John Green
20. “Not knowing where you’ll end up only makes life more interesting.” – Catherine Chea
To learn more about being an INFP, check out my book.
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to our newsletter just for INFPs to get more stories like this.
Read this: 10 Contradicting Things About INFPs