This post originally appeared on INFJ Blog.
The INFJ may be the rarest personality type, making up only 1-2 percent of the population, but several INFJs have made a huge impact on the world through their gentle leadership and passion for making the world a better place.
What’s your personality type? We recommend this free personality test from our partner Personality Hacker.
Here are 13 of the best inspirational quotes by famous INFJs.*
- Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all — in which case, you fail by default. J.K. Rowling
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot. Eleanor Roosevelt
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Ghandi
- Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. Plato
- Unlike any other creature on this planet, humans can learn and understand, without having experienced. They can think themselves into other people’s places. We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better. J.K. Rowling
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. Nelson Mandela
- Were there none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach anything better. Florence Nightingale
- Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes. Eleanor Roosevelt
- It’s not necessary to fear the prospect of failure but to be determined not to fail. Jimmy Carter
- People respond in accordance to how you relate to them. If you approach them on the basis of violence, that’s how they’ll react. But if you say, ‘We want peace, we want stability,’ we can then do a lot of things that will contribute towards the progress of our society. Nelson Mandela
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world. Mahatma Ghandi
*All of these individuals have been typed as INFJ by multiple sources, but only J.K. Rowling is self-confirmed.
Image credit: Marta Bevacqua