Aaron Caycedo-Kimura, the illustrator behind INFJoe Cartoons, says he created the series to help other INFJs not feel so alone. He says, “I wanted to encourage other INFJs, particularly younger ones, who may feel out of place like I have all my life. I remember how tough it was growing up. Still is.” But even introverts who are not INFJs will likely relate to his cartoons, which explore the joys and challenges of living the quiet life.
Aaron was born and raised in California but has lived with his INFP wife on the East Coast for almost three decades. He works as a graphic designer but says he’s a painter and poet by heart.
To INFJs, he says, “Be true to yourselves, be good to yourselves. You’re wired a particular way, fashioned according to a particular design, so use it to do good, to do that which only you can do.”
What’s your personality type? Knowing your type can help you leverage your natural strengths. Take the free test from our partner Personality Hacker.
His cartoons show how life can be both wonderful and painful when you’re an introvert and INFJ:
1. You love people, but being around them for too long drains you.
2. You define “fun” differently.
3. Many people don’t understand your need for alone time.
4. Some days, you just wish everyone would leave you alone.
5. People tell you to “come out of your shell,” but that doesn’t change who you are.
6. Spending time alone is far from boring — it’s how you relax and recharge.
7. If you could actually get one of these installed, maybe then people would understand.
8. Crowds aren’t your thing.
9. Small talk with strangers? You’ll avoid it if you can!
10. A little peace and quiet is all you want.
11. This makes total sense to you.
12. You read others well and intuitively understand the things that go unspoken.
13. Underneath your calm exterior is a rich, emotional world.
14. You’re always thinking. Always.
15. Sometimes you torture yourself by using your vivid imagination to replay your mistakes.
16. Talking about yourself, especially with people you don’t know well, is uncomfortable.
17. You don’t let just anybody into your life.
18. You’re still trying to find your place in the world.
19. Even you don’t understand yourself sometimes.
20. Let’s just say being an INFJ is complicated.
21. If you’re highly sensitive, you feel emotions deeply.
22. You live to connect intimately with others.
23. Because you’re interested in almost everyone you meet.
24. Relationship goals: sharing solitude with someone else.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for our newsletters to get more stories like this.