Hi fellow introvert,
Welcome to the Introvert, Dear community! I’m Jenn Granneman, the creator of Introvert, Dear. Let me tell you a little about myself. I grew up thinking I was damaged because I was quiet. As an adult, I still didn’t seem to fit in. I wondered, what is wrong with me?
But then I learned I’m an introvert, a highly sensitive person, and an INFJ personality type. It literally changed my life. (You can learn more about my story in my upcoming book, The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World, which will be available in August 2017.)
Now I’m on a mission: to let introverts everywhere know it’s okay to be who they are. You’re not broken because you’re quiet. There’s nothing wrong with you because you’d rather stay home on a Friday night than party.
I, D started as my personal blog in 2013. Today it’s less of a blog and more of an online publishing platform and community. It brings together thousands of introvert voices from all over the world.
Here are some things you can do to learn more about your nature and connect with other introverts:
- Take a free personality test from our partner Personality Hacker.
- Join the I, D Facebook group. (Our group is growing ridiculously fast, so we’re currently in a membership freeze. We’ll begin accepting new members again starting Feb. 1.)
- If you like to color, check out the Introvert Dreams coloring book, the first coloring book with an introvert theme, created by yours truly.
- Submit your writing.
- Follow me on Facebook to get personal updates from me.
Help Us Reach More Introverts
This isn’t just another website. We’re a publication with a mission: to let introverts everywhere know it’s okay to be who they are. When you support I, D, you’re not just supporting a website—you’re supporting the introvert cause. There are several ways you can do this:
- Become a patron. Our patrons donate a small amount of money each month, and it all adds up!
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, use this link: http://amzn.to/2aN0jsR (it takes you to the Amazon home page). A small portion of your purchase goes to I, D. You can bookmark this link to return to it easily.
- If you read an I, D article that resonates with you, would you share it with someone else? I’m always hoping new people will discover our community.
What’s Up with the Name “Introvert, Dear”?
When I named my blog Introvert, Dear, I imagined a wise, older woman inviting a troubled young introvert to sit down on her fancy chaise lounge. The older woman began dispensing her worldly advice by saying, “Now, introvert, dear…”
Do you have feedback for me? Want to send some email love? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.