Hi fellow introvert,
My name is Jenn Granneman, and I’m the founder of Introvert, Dear. Let me tell you a little about myself. I grew up thinking I was damaged because I was quiet and awkward. As an adult, I still didn’t seem to fit in. I went through three major career changes and a divorce. I wondered, what was wrong with me?
But then I learned that I’m an introvert, a highly sensitive person, and an INFJ personality type. It literally changed my life. (You can learn more about my story in my upcoming book, The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World. It will be available in spring of 2017.)
Now I’m on a mission: to let introverts know it’s okay to be who they are. You’re not broken because you’re quiet. There’s nothing wrong with you because you’d rather stay home on a Friday night than party.
Introvert, Dear started as my personal blog in 2013. Today it’s less of a blog and more of an online publishing platform and community. It brings together thousands of introvert voices from all over the world.
Here are some things you can do to learn more about yourself and connect with other introverts:
- Take a free personality test from our partner Personality Hacker.
- Join the Introvert, Dear Facebook group.
- If you like to color, check out the Introvert Dreams coloring book, which is coming out before Christmas of 2016.
- Submit your writing to Introvert, Dear.
- Follow Introvert, Dear on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, or Pinterest. (On Facebook, click “like” then “see first” so you don’t miss any of our posts.)
- “Friend” me on Facebook if you’d like personal updates from me (and the occasional cat picture!). I’d love to get to know you better, too.
How to Support Introvert, Dear
Many people think there is a team of corporate editors and marketers behind Introvert, Dear. I’ll tell you a secret: there’s not. It’s me, a few dedicated volunteers, and many passionate volunteer writers. I write and edit articles at my kitchen table. In my bed late at night. At the coffee shop near my apartment.
That’s why I ask for your support. Without support from readers, Introvert, Dear wouldn’t be possible. When you support Introvert, Dear, you’re not just supporting a website—you’re supporting me and the introvert cause. There are a few ways you can do this:
- Become a patron. When you donate to Introvert, Dear, you help grow and maintain the community. If Introvert, Dear has helped you in some way, would you consider donating? If every reader gave as little as $1 a month, we’d be unstoppable!
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, use this link: http://amzn.to/2aN0jsR (it takes you to the Amazon home page). A small portion of your purchase goes to Introvert, Dear. You can bookmark this link to return to it easily.
- Purchase products or services from my affiliates: Personality Hacker, Quistic, and Brenda Knowles. A portion of your purchase goes to Introvert, Dear.
What’s Up with the Name Introvert, Dear?
When I named my blog Introvert, Dear, I imagined a wise, older woman inviting a troubled young introvert to sit down on her fancy chaise lounge. The older woman began dispensing her worldly advice by saying, “Now, introvert, dear…”
Want to give me feedback? Or just send some introvert love? Click here to contact me.